Reflection – putting YouTube on the backburner
As a follow-up to my previous post, I feel like I could be spending my time better working on my portfolio now (land the job earlier, spend more time learning and applying fundamentals), vs. putting my knowledge into video form. In my previous post, I had wanted to do the following:
- Blogging – this is a good form of self reflection and sharing my progress
- Technical skills – doing daily problems is maintainable
- Portfolio gains – this extends into Knowledge gains; I feel like I should do first and learn next, instead of the other way around
- Sports goals – this kind of extends fitness goals; I won’t be lifting heavy, but I will be working on bodyweight and skill training
YouTube videos– felt like it was taking up too much time, and felt preachy with my current video ideas Social interactions– this was getting to be excessive (although it was one of my earlier goals in the year), cutting down drastically
- and Reading – always read
And the ones I’ve crossed out are the ones that I’m putting into lower priority, as I always preach:
Less is more. Do less better.
My main shift will be in the form of Portfolio gains, I will be working on my Liar’s Dice app first and foremost, and will work on trying to deploy it into a shareable form as soon as possible. This will probably be the main thing I will be blogging about in the near future until its completion, and I hope to be able to commit to and and finally complete this (this is probably my 6th attempt or so, from scratch).